"Behold, children are a heritage frm the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

I love bringing forth children... and this is my journey in training them for the King

Saturday, February 4, 2012

'Out of The Mouth of Babes...'

Sometimes I like to sit and watch my children worship. Of course, it blesses my socks off! Then the enemy creeps in and says, "You know it's not really genuine. They are merely mimicking what they have seen you or Dwight do."

I know I should take these thoughts captive immediately to the obedience of Christ, but there has always been a part of me that really did wonder whether those thoughts were really mine... maybe even from God.

Until this morning that is...

I was spending time in the Word this morning. I'm reading through Matthew right now. In chapter twenty-one, Jesus is making His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. The people are lining the streets ahead and behind him, some waving palm branches, and they are shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"

Then Jesus went to clear the temple of the money-changers and those who were misusing it for their own personal gain. There he also healed the lame and the blind. And what was going on at the same time? The children were crying out, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" You see, they were merely repeating what they had heard others saying as Jesus was entering the city. Their praise further angered the chief priests and the scribes! When they questioned Jesus about it, He simply rebuked them with Scripture...

"Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies you have prepared praise."

I believe the Lord was confirming to me that, regardless if my children are merely acting and singing as they have witnessed, He considers it praise. Oh, I am SO thankful He does, too! They only know what they have been taught... and they are innocent as doves as they raise their little hands to the Lord and sing as loud as they can "I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross!" *smiles and tears*



Thank you, Father, for once again using my children to speak to my heart...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For the word of God is living and active..."
    It's amazing how we can get something new from the same passage time and again! :)

    ReplyDelete