"Behold, children are a heritage frm the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

I love bringing forth children... and this is my journey in training them for the King

Friday, February 24, 2012

Guarding the Deposit

You know how when you're pregnant, you're so cautious about what you take in... the things you eat, not drinking too much caffiene, not eating too much salt... or sugar, trying to not inhale second-hand smoke, and so on?

As a Christian, with the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, shouldn't we be the same way? Shouldn't we be just as cautious about the things we allow into our hearts and minds... the things we watch, listen to, the people we allow to speak into our lives, the counsel we seek, etc.?

Now I'm not necessarily speaking about foods. Jesus himself said:

 "Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person... Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes through the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person." - Matthew 15:10, 17-20a
The apostle Paul gives us a guide, or filter if you will, for us to use in determining whether or not something is benefical for us and our walks with Christ.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me- practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." - Philippians 4:8-9
 I like to use this guide for myself and my family. I admit, there are times when something seems to fall through the cracks, but thankfully God extends grace and forgiveness in time of repentance!!

Oh that I would be just as cautious about protecting the Holy Spirit within me as I am about the growing baby in my womb!

"The good person out of the treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks." - Luke 6:45
  

No comments:

Post a Comment