"Behold, children are a heritage frm the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

I love bringing forth children... and this is my journey in training them for the King

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Easiest & Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I LOVE pasta! Yes, I am fully aware that alfredo sauce is probably one of the worst things you can eat, but it's delicious... and my children love it too. If you eat it sporatically, I don't believe it'll kill you. At least that's what I tell myself. Lol!

We don't have chicken alfredo very often, but when I make it, I typically use a jar of store-bought sauce. I didn't have any on hand, but last night I was really wanting this dish! So I got online and googled 'homemade alfredo sauce'. I found this recipe on cooks.com, and I believe it completely lived up to its name. :)

All you need is:

1/2 c butter (1 stick)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 c half and half
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. garlic power (optional)
pepper, to taste

1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on med to low heat.
2. Once butter is almost melted, add the cream cheese (cut it into 4 pieces so it melts faster).
3. When the butter and cream cheese are melted, whisk together well. Then add the other ingredients, beginning with the half and half. Continue whisking until all ingredients are mixed well.
4. When it is thoroughly mixed and saucelike, remove it from burner and allow to thicken up. Stir every few moments.
5. DONE! Pour over your favorite pasta.

I'm not that picky about my alfredo sauce, but my mom is... and she said it was the best alfredo sauce she's ever had! The children devoured it, so I guess they approved too. :)

I think garlic bread with pasta is a must, but I didn't have any on hand. So I used some leftover hotdog buns and split them apart. I melted some butter, added garlic power, and lathered those babies up. Then I sprinkled a few with parsley flakes. They toasted nicely in the toaster oven!

In case you're salivating now, feel free to give this meal a try. It only took about 30 minutes start to finish!

I always enjoy trying new, quick meals. If you have some favorites, feel free to share them with me! I'd love to add some new recipes to my repertoire!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH!!! We LOVE Alfredo! I think ours is pretty similar! One time we tried it out of a jar....YUCK!

    Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete