"Behold, children are a heritage frm the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

I love bringing forth children... and this is my journey in training them for the King

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Corbin's First Date

Today was supposed to be Mother/Son day with the TrueLife Homeschool Group we're a part of. We had planned to have a miniature golf tournament at Fire Mountain in Tyler, but unfortunately the weather people were predicting a windy, rainy day so it got cancelled.

However, Katie said she would cancel only on one condition with strings!

We had to agree to still do something fun with our sons and snap a picture or two in the process. So that's just what Corbin and I did today.

He had been eagerly anticipating our 'date' for a couple weeks, so right after breakfast, he informed me he was going to go shower and then we could get ready for our big date. It was adorable how he showered, put on some of his nicest clothes and his daddy's cross necklace... all for me! He and Daddy had secretly talked about being the gentleman on the date and how that meant he had some extra special responsibilities like opening the doors for me, leading the prayer over the meal, holding my hand as we walked and so on. He did a fine job, too! :)

Per his request, we had lunch at Burger King, where he donned his crown with pride!


Then he decided we should head on over to Dairy Queen for some ice cream for dessert. I thought that was a wonderful idea considering the commercial I saw the other day for the current blizzard special they're having... buy one get one for $0.99!

He told me he just wanted plain ice cream in a cup (go figure... my vanilla ice cream boy!), but one taste of Momma's oreo blizzard and he quickly changed his mind. "He would save his ice cream for Hayden and we could share the oreo stuff!" Lol

So that's just what we did...




On the way home we saw a near head-on collision right in front of us, so it was a great opportunity to discuss the Good Samaritan. I mentioned how we would've had to stop and help those people and at first he didn't understand why... we didn't know them, afterall. But Jesus said that's how we love our neighbor. We should help those in need with the resources He's blessed us with... even when we don't know them! Jesus was the best example of that concept for us when He walked the earth.

Once I was finished with the story, he quickly added, "Oh! I know that story... it's right after A Snoodle's Tale." Lol! Gotta love VeggieTales... :)

It was a great date with my son... much needed alone time that he and I rarely get together!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad y'all had a great time...AND you blogged the details! What a blessing today was for the Moms and Sons that spent time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! Can't wait for Noah and mine's first date now =)

    ReplyDelete